They say that misery loves company....but so does success! :)
So if you want to get in great shape, you gotta get kinda miserable. Get uncomfortable. If you do, you'll love the success that it brings!
To get in shape, there are a wide variety of things that you can do. Running and biking are old school time tested staples that work. But I'm more of a "rope guy". Using jump ropes and battle ropes you can get into great shape without the stress of running or having to bike on an extended distance.
You literally stay in that one spot. One. Spot.
Here is a quickie "Rope Conditioning Challenge". For this you will need a long battle rope and jump rope.
- Step One: Set up your battle rope to an anchored mount
- Step Two: Perform rope slam for prescribed amount of times (20-25)
- Step Three: Rest and recover for 45-60 seconds
- Step Four: Perform 50 reps of the jump rope
- Step Five: Rest and recover for 45-60 seconds
- Step Six: Perform battle rope wave for 30 waves <count your right arm>
....Rest 90 seconds, then repeat the above cycle 3 more times.
If you feel a tad miserable during the cycle then you are doing it right!