Push Tracker + KB Goblet Squats to train with mindful intention



Training with technology and mindfulness would not be a pairing that most people would think would be beneficial, but it can be just that.  I like to think of being mindful as "paying attention in that exact moment where you are". In training I talk to my athletes a lot about how to not just, "go through the motions", but to be attentive (aka mindful) in every set and every rep. It adds a certain quality to what you are doing, proving that each rep matters.

Using the Push monitor, I can see in real time the velocity and power of each rep. This forces the athlete to be mindful of each rep, fully knowing the velocity and power of the previous reps. The athlete seeing this now becomes very intentional, in therm of keeping the rep power and velocity at a certain level, as each rep is displayed on the screen in real time.

I think of this as training with intention: knowing what the previous rep was, and making sure there is quality in each successive rep.

That's one way that I use the Push tracker.  Getting realtime stats & numbers, I can make sure athletes are training with great intention and tremendous effort, because every rep matters..