The older I get the more philosophical I get about training. Going beyond the blood, sweat and tears, I've taken up residency in a school of thought that says what you're MADE OF inside has a real impact on what you DO outside.

This is a great book that I have recently began reading about being a "mindful athlete".  How often are you actually present mentally while training and working out, and how often are you "somewhere else" while in the gym?  How often are you in the moment during competition and how often are you in another world as others compete around you?

There is a "Zen feel" to training that I have starter to adopt over the years.  Realizing that our ultimate competition is our mind, it's cool to be able to "be here now" while training, viewing it as the ultimate experience to take us to a high level of ourselves.

"The Mindful Athlete" is a great starting point for anyone interested in being present in every training and competition moment. Check it out today!