DB Front squat





I found that the barbell front squat takes a lot of core strength, stability and strength to hold the weighted bar on the front side of your body while performing full squats.  That's one of the main reasons that I like it.

I started doing the DB Goblet hold squats more this year, and that's performed with a single DB.

Recently I tried out a "DB Front Squat" using two DB's to try to elicit the same effect as a barbell front squat.  It's a different feel than just doing the DB Goblet squat with DB in front of your body, because now your holding TWO DB's in an underhand grip position  Plus you must completely stabilize your body and hold the two DB's firmly together as you perform each rep.  This take a lot of strength.

The end result is that I will be adding it to my training program.  It's a great lower AND upper body exercise to perform that adds a good amount of strength and balance.